Sunday, July 5, 2020

Entropee and the 21st century and me.

Pauline Phillips, longtime Dear Abby advice columnist, dies at 94 ...

If I am in a corner
and have no way
I consult my pocket
slider of thermodynamics
which can solve every
problem if you know
how to ask a proper question

Me I am like Aann Landers
spoken by John Prine
I got problems
I got the problems
of everyone
that ever lived
and we got more solutions
now than ever before
but maybe we did
not include the whole
cast before we tried
to raise the floor

We got to the moon
we got computrers
and jet airplanes
well white men brought
those things entrirely in
their own genius minds
so do not talk to me about
privilege if you like a cell phone
or maybe a lifesaving treatment
at the hospital for free
white men not me
have been evil for a long
time, we be evil long
time and the worst
I tell you are the Anglo Saxons
you know them today
as the rulers of a royal family

Anyway there is so much history
out there and so many differant
paths and still here we are
today
look back and thinkaboot what is
really importeant looking back
becasuse A wiseman
likely white from Greeece
said
every dollar you invest in the past
is one less you got to fight the future

2 comments:

A. Decker said...

Wow. (I'm so hooked on facebook I'm at a bit of a loss without a 'like' button.) I'm no expert and far from well read, but this feels like real poetry to me. Good words.

Lucy Hawking said...

Stephen Hawking Net Worth Hello there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this page to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!