Saturday, November 7, 2015

Wrong Turn Right


I took a wrong turn
but it all turned out all right
because  I ran straight into you
I have traveled millions of miles
without a hitch
but a simple mistake
an life goes on the dipstick
the invisible hand is always
pushing me around
making it hard to avoid
the commonplace
at least it treats me better
than the marketplace

What is the purpose
what am I supposed to do
why give me the opportunities
when you know
exactly to the day
when i WILL be willing
give me weeds whites and wine
and show me a sign
and Ill be moving
to kick tomorrow
you know I will always kick tomorrow
but today is all savour
and yesterday
has completely passed

1 comment:

Steve said...

I was considering saying crashed into you instead of ran, and using the willing instead of skipping to the moveing, but that was not the song in my head