Sunday, September 20, 2009

The goggle story


The same forces that bind the atomic particles of my eyes also hold together the planets and stars in outer space. A slight shift in balance would turn those forces into photo-energy ~ and the universe would dissolve into light. Now, as awesome as that might sound ~ you can bet that any extraterrestrials, who are watching, will be knocking on the door the instant they see us tipping that scale. I look out my backdoor ~ there’s a creek and a small wooded area ~ and so many waves of energy bombarding me; I can’t catch them all ~ only the ones that my senses are programmed to receive ~ and even those get filtered ~ sent to neuro-clusters ~ and filtered some more ~ discarding what I haven’t got sense enough to understand ~ and preserving the rest as ‘conscious experience’. Scientists tell me that space is not a vacuum ~ it’s a fabric ~ when I step outside and walk down the street ~ it clings to me and starts to build up ~ like mud on my boots after a rainy day. I explain this to my friends and they get me a pair of goggles. But even those don't help much when I'm trying to see through the debris that, psychologists say, builds up on the lenses of my mind everyday.

4 comments:

brinni for humanity said...

Why see through? If it is true that we (used here to mean, "we: the humans, and the plants, and the rocks, and the wind and waves and all that has aura) are all connected, then isn't it also true that the "sludge" of the fabric of "reality" is nothing more than an interaction with that which we already were, and are, and always will be? The sludge itself is the pair of goggles, perhaps . . . or, better yet, the sludge is just part of the eyes. The goggles are blinders . . . Perhaps.

Bill Robertson said...

Brinni ~ That’s brilliant ..the goggles are blinders ..and the sludge is an interaction. Although a lot of it may be natural; I get congested (with preconceptions) easier than most ..so I tend to be more cautious of it. Thanks, Lee

brinni for humanity said...

Caution certainly needs to be employed when digesting the sludge we are apt to misunderstand.

Bill Robertson said...

That's right. I like to refresh my palate frequently. Thanks